It’s good to have sex and it is even more important to follow some sexual hygiene habits. Maintaining a healthy sexual hygiene habit is vital to scale back the dangers of infections and enhance your overall health. Unfortunately, very few people are conscious of sexual hygiene, which will help protect men and women from infections like urinary tract infections (UTIs).
Here are a few tips every man and woman should religiously follow to prevent infections and have a good sex life
Poor hygiene can cause infection which in turn can cause serious diseases. So, get innovative and sassy under the sheets, but follow these sexual hygiene habits to have safe sex.
- For women, it’s to be aware of the direction of washing your genitals. it’s recommended to clean from your vagina to your anus to forestall the transfer of germs from the anus to the vagina and also avoid yeast infections.
- For uncircumcised men, pull back the foreskin and wash the glans with warm water. Also wash the inner part of the foreskin, which is vulnerable to bacteria and dead cells and body fluids.
- Both partners must wash their hands and nails before and after sex to prevent the transfer of germs and bacteria to genitals.
- It’s important to trim the hair within the genitalia as during summer, heat and sweat may result in boils and skin problems.
- Avoid head if your partner has sores around the mouth or near the genitals, it can pass on to you.
- Clean sex toys. Sex toys are fine, but make sure to clean them properly before and after use. Also, make sure to store them in dry environments.
- Always pee right after sex. Any type of vigorous sexual contact can push bacteria up into your urethra. If you pee right afterwards, you’ll flush everything out and stop yourself from getting any infection.