Spondylosis is a very common condition involving changes to the bone of neck, discs and joints leading to stiffness in muscles and pain in the neck and this is caused by the wear and tear of bones and muscles usually happens for old age people.
Cervical spondylosis is very common among teenagers now because of their improper posture while working or studying. Swollen neck joints also called facet joints will have a feel of the press or pinch nearby nerve roots or the spinal cord itself, leading to extreme pain and sometimes even pain in the limbs. In some cases, there could also be a loss of feeling and coordination. Some people may have difficulty walking.
How to get rid of the pain without medication
- When in pain don’t strain your neck by doing neck exercises as it will worsen the pain.
- Hot and cold therapy, cold packs applied to the base of my neck are very effective for relieving neck tension and related headaches.
- Hot packs will loosen the muscles, the therapy will also numb deep pain caused by cervical spondylosis. it’s also useful in reducing muscle spasms.
- Intake of turmeric, Fenugreek, Ginger, Triphala, Aloe vera and Guggulu will help to reduce the pain.
- Massage gently on the area by applying a mixture of ginger (crush the ginger and take the juice alone) and coconut oil.
- Practise yoga helps to stretch and relax the whole body