People feel annoyed sometimes because of the stress of lifestyle. According to a study conducted by Harvard Health, 40 million adults, 18% of the population, struggle with anxiety and unfortunately, end up reaching for junk foods which are high in calorie or sugar foods that trick us into thinking “feel better”. Eating healthy food and making that conscious choice can offer some real stress relief.
Studies have shown for over a decade that a healthy diet: predominantly fruits, vegetables, grains cereals ,decreases the danger of depression for all ages, So, changing your diet is the most effective initiative towards addressing stress and anxiety.
Include below mentioned food in your diet so that you can end the cycle of eating bad-for-you foods and search relief elsewhere
- Magnesium and zinc rich food: leafy greens like spinach and swiss chard, nuts, seeds helps to reduce anxiety.
- For depression Omega 3 vitamins are the best which are present in flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts.
- Antioxidant rich food like blueberries, vegetables, turmeric, ginger helps to fight against depression.
- Foods that are rich in vitamin C , like oranges and other citrus fruits, can help to reduce stress and boost the immune system as well. Intake of vitamin C also lower the amount of cortisol (tress hormone) and blood pressure in high-anxiety situations.
- Chamomile- a herb from the daisy like flowers- can be consumed as tea for his wide range of healing properties. it’s often used to relieve stress-induced symptoms like insomnia and gastrointestinal disorders.